My Blog List

Shop bin food girl fury over theft rap


Waste not ... Sasha Hall

A WOMAN accused of stealing £200 of ham, pies and potato waffles from a supermarket dustbin yesterday admitted handling stolen goods.

But Sasha Hall, 22, claimed a pal took the food to her flat after Tesco dumped £10,000 worth of frozen items following a power cut.
Prosecutor Anil Patani told Chelmsford Crown Court, Essex, shopworker Sasha told cops she didn't know she was receiving.
She said people from across her estate at Great Baddow had raided the bins. She also complained that the bags of food contained mostly ham when she would have preferred steak.
Sasha had slammed cops who arrested her, saying: "I'd think the police have better things to do than go after people who pick up potato waffles from the street.
"There was £3,000 worth of food going to waste. I thought I could put it to better use and feed me and my family."
Judge Rodger Hayward Smith adjourned sentencing until June 20. He told Sasha, who also admitted possessing cannabis: "This is more serious than I thought."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

dg3