My Blog List

Dizzee Rascal’s a track star

DIZZEE RASCAL won't have any trouble getting Olympics tickets.

He was born right on the doorstep of the new stadium in east London so should have plenty of connections.
The rapper has been signed up by Coca-Cola to help choose youngsters to run with the Olympic flame during the nationwide torch relay in 2012.
Dizzee performed at a free gig in Westfield Shopping Centre in west London yesterday to launch the search for "Future Flames".
Turns out he was a decent runner in his day and might even have represented Team GB in 2012 if music hadn't become his No1 passion.
He said: "At school I did 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m and 1500m. I was pretty fast.
"Sometimes when I'm out with my mates I'll see an empty pavement and say, 'Right, let's have a 100m sprint.'"
You can nominate a Future Flame by going to cokezone.co.uk.
Dizzee would do a good job of carrying the flame.
Although if he is as fast as he claims, the flame would get blown out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

dg3