My Blog List

Easy Zucchini Garlic Sabji

zucchini 010

Dear Husband’s perpetual complaint is that the vegetables here in the United States, especially Zucchini have a sweetish taste to them and accents even more when cooked. He complains that it tends to ruin the taste of the dish and tends to steer clear from that vegetable. I on the other hand love it; and also being the sweet toothed person can never understand what the plight is all about. I eat hot and spicy food too, but also like the sweetish taste the vegetables have to offer when cooked.

“Oh no, look what happened, I mistook Zucchini for a cucumber and bought it again” I said.

“Yeah right, you need to come up with a better story than that” he said

Wonder why he doesn’t buy my cucumber theory anymore! J

Speaking of which, the food blogosphere has been raining cats and dogs with awards and I am thankful to Vanamala of My Kitchen World and Seema of My Randap for passing this award to me.

Nice%2Baward

“Nice Matters Award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world.”

I would like to pass on this award to: Aparna of My Diverse Kitchen, Bhags of Crazy Curry and Kamini of Bubbling-Cauldron.

Ingredients

2 medium Zucchini
4-5 garlic peeled pods
Salt
mustard seeds
Turmeric
Chilli powder
Oil

Preparation:

  • Dice the zucchini in half-moon shapes ( Actually any shape is fine as long as it is small)
  • Heat oil in a kadai and then add the mustard seeds. Once they splutter add garlic and fry until brown.
  • Add the diced zucchini and crank up the heat a bit. Add salt and fry for a bit.
  • Zucchini tends to leave lot of water while cooking, so no additional water is necessary to cook this.
  • When nearly cooked add turmeric and chilli powder. Adjust taste.

Serve hot with rice, rotis or phulkas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

dg3